Significant recruitment/relocation incentive available for the right candidate
Required by January 2014 – or earlier if possible
Lead the 34th highest-performing maintained school in the UK (GCSE, 2012)
Due to the appointment of our current Headteacher to the post of Her Majesty’s Inspector, we seek someone who will lead one of the country’s highest-performing state schools to even greater success. Boston High School is a growing converter Academy committed to the ongoing development of teaching and learning so that the students of this selective school can make the maximum possible progress and enjoy the best possible life-chances.
All of our students gained at least five A*-C including English, Maths and Science in 2012. We are the largest and most successful A level provider in the area, and we add significant value at both AS and A2. Our next Headteacher will enjoy working with a strong Leadership Team, committed leaders at all levels, and a supportive Governing Body determined to maintain and improve standards.
Recently, we’ve attracted applications from both newly qualified and experienced teachers keen to develop their careers in a school which is committed to high standards and investing in high quality continuous professional development. Boston High School became a converter Academy on 1 January 2013.
House prices in and around the Boston area are affordable and the school actively seeks to develop individuals via internal promotion, our Lead Practitioner programme, and the opportunity to be seconded to the Leadership Team.
We are looking to appoint someone with proven impact as a Headteacher or senior school leader, who will:
• Develop and build on our strategic vision for our school
• Lead the development of teaching and learning
• Lead the school from OfSTED ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’
• Lead, inspire and positively motivate the staff
• Maintain and further develop partnerships between governors, students, parents and guardians, and the feeder junior schools
• Maintain tight control of the school’s budget and ensure efficient deployment of resources
• Have excellent communication skills at all levels and become fully integrated into all communities in the school
• Maintain the special cultural environment experience that our students cherish
We offer you:
• The opportunity to lead the 34th highest-performing maintained school in the UK (GCSE, 2012)
• Governors who are committed to reaching the highest standards and to supporting leaders at all levels in maintaining them
• Dedicated, hardworking and highly effective teaching and support staff
• Students who are exceptionally well-behaved, hard-working and proud of their school
• An attractive and well-maintained site
• The opportunity for continuous professional development
• A committed and enthusiastic parent body who appreciate and support the school
Visits to the school for applicants will be encouraged; this is the only way to experience the special atmosphere at this prestigious school.
Further details and applications forms are obtainable from the Clerk to Governors at the school address, or via
. Candidates may also telephone during school hours – 01205 310505.
Applications should be returned as soon as possible, and not later than 31st May 2013.
Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Clearance.